I’m happy to announce that three different ebook versions of Answering the Contemplative Call are now available. Pick your preferred version: Kindle Version Nook Version iBooks Version And of course, if you’d rather have the old fashioned paper-&-ink version: Buy it at Amazon But it at Barnes & Noble But it at an Independent Bookstore (Online or Near [...]
Tag Archives | Carl McColman
Over the next few weeks or so I’ll be posting four new videos on Youtube. One will be an “about me” video, one in which I talk about my three most recent books, one in which I talk about an idea I first presented at the Patheos website on “compass points for the spiritual life,” [...]
Answering the Contemplative Call I am pleased to announce that my forthcoming book, Answering the Contemplative Call: First Steps on the Mystical Path, has been entered into the Amazon.com database. The book will not be released until January 2013, but you can pre-order your copy by clicking here. Eventually the book will also be available [...]
There’s still time to register for the Introduction to Christian Mysticism class being offered through the Evening at Emory program. Continuing education credit is available for this 5-week class. To register, click here. Here’s the course description from the Emory website: Introduction to Christian Mysticism Evening at EmoryHumanities and Cultural Studies The renowned twentieth century [...]
Amazon’s announcement yesterday of several new versions of the Kindle, including a reader that retails for only $79 and their first color reader (for a mere $199), should convince even the most confirmed skeptic that not only are e-books here to stay, but that they will follow the path of the MP3, and only become [...]
I’m home from the Wild Goose Festival. What an amazing experience it was! Hopefully I’ll find the time sometime soon to write about the experience. But in the meantime, here are a few photos to give you a glimpse of the experience. The first two photos I took using my iPhone; the other two are [...]
Today I received a package of books from Alpha Press, who publish the “Complete Idiot’s” guides. My Complete Idiot’s Guide to Celtic Wisdom has been translated into Latvian! Amazon.com does not list the Latvian edition, so I can’t provide a link to it on their website, but here is a link to a website in [...]
Books by Carl McColman
- Communion and the Broken Body September 13, 2009
- Of Death, Dementia, and Dear Old Friends November 11, 2010
- Wasting Time with God May 11, 2010
- Of Atheists and Apophatics… November 26, 2010
- Concerning Spiritual Noise, (Lack of) Inner Silence, and Singlemindedness October 25, 2010
- Benedictine Spirituality and the Community of Hope April 24, 2013
- Does God = Consciousness? April 12, 2013
- Carmelite Review reviews “Answering the Contemplative Call” April 11, 2013
- Concerning Stillness, Songs, and Soul Friends March 26, 2013
- Simplicity and Silence March 22, 2013
- Jacob: Not a jam band but since you brought up progressiv...
- jacthehat: I really struggle with the divisions of others, as...
- A Christian: I happened upon this blog post today while doing s...
- theperkster: Church leaders pay a high price for excluding cont...
- Eric Robert Nielsen: Hi Ellen, I think the word intellect is being con...