I’m happy to announce that three different ebook versions of Answering the Contemplative Call are now available. Pick your preferred version: Kindle Version Nook Version iBooks Version And of course, if you’d rather have the old fashioned paper-&-ink version: Buy it at Amazon But it at Barnes & Noble But it at an Independent Bookstore (Online or Near [...]
Archive | Announcements RSS feed for this section
Dear ones, first of all, forgive me for being so silent on this blog. My household has been a war zone (fighting the flu) — first my wife was sick; then my daughter, which is always frightening because of her health issues, but by the grace of God she had a very mild case of [...]
I am sad to learn that the Merton Institute for Contemplative Living will be ceasing its operations at the end of this year. You can read their announcement here. The Merton institute is an independent non-profit organization with a mission “to awaken interest in contemplative living through the works of Thomas Merton and others, thereby [...]
I am sad to note the passing of Patricia Monaghan, who died yesterday after living with cancer. Pat wrote the foreword for my Complete Idiot’s Guide to Celtic Wisdom. She also was very supportive behind the scenes, introducing me to several fascinating people in Ireland who helped me with my research into Celtic spirituality, whether [...]
This post is aimed at people who blog, or have a podcast, or in some other way like to express themselves online. If you are not such a person, feel free to skip this, unless you’d like a peek into how book marketing works… My irrepressible friend Mike Morrell is a publicist who promotes progressive Christian books. [...]
I’ve just upgraded my Kindle. Which means I have an old one in need of a new home. If you’d like to be its new owner, just head over to eBay to place a bid. If the winning bid is above $75, I’ll throw in an autographed copy of The Lion, the Mouse and the Dawn [...]
This past weekend I led a retreat on Hildegard of Bingen at the Oratory in Rock Hill, SC. We explored Hildegard’s life, visions, writings, music, and illuminations, with an emphasis on how to apply her wisdom to our lives today. If you’re in the Atlanta area — I’m offering a similar program this coming weekend [...]
Books by Carl McColman
- Communion and the Broken Body September 13, 2009
- Of Death, Dementia, and Dear Old Friends November 11, 2010
- Wasting Time with God May 11, 2010
- Of Atheists and Apophatics… November 26, 2010
- Concerning Spiritual Noise, (Lack of) Inner Silence, and Singlemindedness October 25, 2010
- Benedictine Spirituality and the Community of Hope April 24, 2013
- Does God = Consciousness? April 12, 2013
- Carmelite Review reviews “Answering the Contemplative Call” April 11, 2013
- Concerning Stillness, Songs, and Soul Friends March 26, 2013
- Simplicity and Silence March 22, 2013
- Jacob: Not a jam band but since you brought up progressiv...
- jacthehat: I really struggle with the divisions of others, as...
- A Christian: I happened upon this blog post today while doing s...
- theperkster: Church leaders pay a high price for excluding cont...
- Eric Robert Nielsen: Hi Ellen, I think the word intellect is being con...